Dalek: "Records indicate you will show mercy! You are an associate of The Doctor's!"
River Song: "I'm River Song. Check your records again!"
Writer: Steven Moffat
Director: Toby Haynes
Producer: Peter Bennett
Original Air Date: 26th June 2010
Monster/Villain: Stone Dalek
- Stonehenge (102 A.D.)
- Amy Pond's house (Easter 1996 and 26/6/2010)
- National Museum (1996)
- Aickman Road (2010)
- Oxygen Factory forest, Byzantium ship (51st Century)
The Doctor is trapped in the Pandorica, the TARDIS has been destroyed, and silence has fallen. The only hope for all reality is a little girl who still believes in stars...
- The issues of who or what the mysterious Voice was that rang through the TARDIS in 'The Pandorica Opens, what was controlling the time machine and caused it to explode, and the arc of "Silence will fall" were not resolved. It has been confirmed that all three will continue as the series arc in Series 6 and possibly the 2010 Christmas special.
- Amy and Rory are wed in this story, and both continue their travels together with The Doctor in the TARDIS at the end, making them the very first pair of married Doctor Who companions.
- The appearance of Caitlin Blackwood as young Amelia Pond bookends this series, in a way, in that this is the final episode of Series 5 and her only previous appearance was in the first.
- When The Doctor is remembered by Amy at the wedding reception and all memory and history of him is restored, Rory can remember being an Auton, despite the fact that 'Auton-Rory' was apparently not the real one.
- In relation to the previous point, this would also mean Rory and Amy now have memories spanning 1,894 years, though Amy was not conscious for the vast majority of it.